Sunday, June 7, 2009

Here we go

Yup, I'm starting a blog. Why? Well, for a few reasons, I guess. One, to keep people up to speed on the goings-on here in our household. Since we live about 3,050 miles from the most important people in our lives, it can be hard to keep up with what we're doing. I'm hoping that Arjun & Soraya's grandparents will especially appreciate this. Two, to keep a record of what we're doing. So many times (many, many times) I say to myself "I should really start up that journal again. That one that I abandoned after Arjun's 1st year of life" or "Wow! I should definitely write THAT down! I won't want to forget that!" But I seem to be able to find time for the computer more than for a notebook or physical journal. I also want my kids to have some record of what happened, since I know I won't remember everything. Lastly, well, I can't remember. There was a third reason, but it's not coming to me at the moment.

This blog (I hate that word for some reason.... let's call this an online journal instead, ok?) will mostly be about life with the kids, living in this most amazing place, and probably quite a bit about my garden and household. It will most likely be written by me, Elizabeth, all of the time. This just isn't Gurmeet's cup of tea.

I can think of a dozen things I'd like to start with, but for now, I think I'll take advantage of the uninterrupted-by-kid-time with Gurmeet. He's watching basketball right now which is rare for him (lucky me!), but it's almost 8pm, and there's probably something better on HBO.

No comments:

Post a Comment